Energeo are looking for a Geospatial Technician to provide technical expertise and support to all aspects of high-end data processing, analysis, quality assurance, product development and flow-line improvement/automation.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects focused on enabling technologies that can accelerate the transition to a low carbon economy, including; Electric and Connected Autonomous Vehicles, Solar, Smart Grids and Battery Storage. The role is full time, located at our offices in Coleshill, West Midlands, UK.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of GIS and Earth Observation data and technologies
- Knowledge of data interrogation, manipulation and analysis techniques/flow-lines in applications including QGIS, ArcGIS etc.
- Ability to understand and implement technical processes effectively and efficiently
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills, and ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Innovative approach to problem solving, and attention to detail and accuracy
- A flexible approach, with the ability to work proactively and manage multiple tasks
- Professional and approachable
- Knowledge of other cloud-based remote sensing and GIS tools and applications
- Practical coding skills e.g. Python
- Understanding of databases and SQL queries
- Basic understanding of Data Science and associated geospatial applications
- Minimum bachelor’s degree level, or demonstrable relevant and equivalent professional experience
- Legal right to live and work in the UK
- Strong background in Earth Observation, GIS, or Photogrammetry
- Practical experience of geospatial data interrogation, analysis, production, and management
- Clear evidence of practical implementation of technical skills across a range of geospatial data and technologies
Energeo leverage the power of geospatial Big Data and Machine Learning to identify, measure and monitor the assets and infrastructure critical to accelerating the transition to a low carbon economy. Our innovative and intelligent data capture techniques reduce initial surveying costs, expedite project identification and aggregation, and enhance speed of low carbon technology deployment.
Energeo's formidable record in innovation has seen funding and support secured from Innovate UK, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency, OpenLV/WPD, and DataPitchEU, supporting the development of geospatially driven solutions for low carbon applications. Clients include Public, Private and Third sector organisations.
Please send a CV/Resumé with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org