To continue our current rapid growth trajectory, and to further develop our innovative and disruptive range of Climate related products and services, Energeo are seeking to strengthen our team with the addition of an ambitious and environmentally focused Full Stack Developer. By becoming a part of the Energeo team you will be welcomed by an environment which encourages and fosters an innovative approach to problem solving and presents the opportunity for rapid growth into a software leadership position within the business.
As a Full Stack Developer with Energeo, you will help design and develop GIS programming applications and tools that strengthen our businesses product portfolio and enable climate stakeholders to make better decisions, faster. You will be responsible for programming using languages such as Python, SQL, C++ and Java to write code and automate processes.
This role would ideally suit an ambitious recent graduate or early-stage professional looking to launch and further their careers in the geospatial or environmental sector.
● Develop GIS mapping applications and tools
● Understand client needs and design applications in accordance
● Analyse end-user issues and provide solutions
● Create demos and guides to explain GIS application use to customers
● Provide maintenance and support of applications and mapping systems.
You will ideally have a background in software development with some commercial experience. Candidates with an BSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering are preferred but those with equivalent and relevant commercial experience will also be considered. Key requirements for the role are:
● Understanding of relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
● Knowledge of frontend frameworks such as React or Angular
● Ability to work with and build RESTful APIs
● An understanding of cloud hosting on AWS or GCP
● Ability to work with Git and online repo managers like Gitlab
● An understanding of UX / UI requirements and the integration of these
● A basic understanding of statistical analysis techniques
● An interest in geospatial data or renewable energy and the environment
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Location: Coleshill, but flexible between home and office
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 depending on experience
Other: Generous company pension scheme, performance related bonus programme, professional development
Applicants should submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any enquiries regarding this position should be made by email direct to email@example.com
All applicants should either be UK Nationals or possess the legal right to live and work in the UK
*No agencies please*